Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Lots of poker but no posts!!!

Thanks for the comment!!! I noticed you at the table, but didn't want to say anything at the table. I try to watch my continuation bet percentages which range from 50% some nights to 75% on other nights, and probably average 60-65% long-term. What percentage gives me the most value long-term and mixing up play to make big hands look weak when we check post-flop.
If I check, it's normally I have completely whiffed on a coordinated board or I have whiffed OOP to a person that doesn't fold to a C-Bet.

I use PT to track my stats and use PAHUD to display others and my play at each table.

I think we only played a few hands together and I know I was playing 6 tables at the time, so something else could have influenced my play at the time. I do appreciate your comments, because I definitely have that problem at times in my game...usually when I'm running bad/playing poorly.

On the topic of my recent posts, I haven't had much time to post as I have been playing more recently, but mainly my work is nearing peak season, and I have not dedicated any time to my blog. Knowing someone is actually reading this besides myself will give me incentive to post commentary on hand histories. Up to now, I basicly have used it as a journal to review my play from time to time.

I haven't watched you play much, so I will look for you more in the future. WHen do you normally play and to change the subject a little...how is that golf game coming?!

I had a good night last night winning 2.5 buyins at 100nl. Hopefully this is the beginning of a climb. I have been very flat over the last 2 months with small up and down cycles...I could definitely use a good upswing at 100nl.

Bankroll stands at $5390.80 after losing just -9.60 over 6191 hands in the last 8 days. I have played HU, 6max and full ring through this period, but mainly 6max and HU. If I play no HU, I win about $225...so I will put the HU game on the back burner for a while. HU poker fascinates me, and is certainly a skill I would like to grasp at some point.

1 comment:

Poker Bully said...

USGA index is 7.4 and hopefully falling. Big Member-Guest tournament at the Country Club this weekend, so I may have a golf anecdote or two.

You came to my table as I was just finishing up a winning session. I saw you sit down and I was curious, so I stuck around a little while longer.