Tuesday, January 13, 2009

poker = rollercaster

The last month has been a wild ride as I decided I was going to stay at 100nl for a while. I got off to a good start winning 4-5 buyins but went a downswing of about 16-17 buyins. After rakeback and bonuses, I was stuck about $900. SO I decided it was time to try something different. I watched a player on Stoxpoker megatable (16 tables) of 200nl Full Ring. AFter datamining the tables for a while, I actually played 10 tables at 200nl for about an hour and won $316. I have decided for the time being that Full RIng is the place for me until I have a good break from 6-max.

I have won another $446 from 100nl FR and cashed $60 in the IronMan gold freeroll on FullTilt. My bankroll is back around $9000 and I should clear my $325 end of the year bonus from FullTilt Ironman.

I have had a couple of bad beats to lower my winnings by quite a large amount...The following hand I'm not sure if I played this optimally because I know what my opponent has and I know he will never fold... I know he has a big pair (KK+) and should have I just check called the flop looking for the turn to brick before I move at the pot? I know I got my money in as a 70/30 fav, but I just hate losing big pots...especially at Full Ring!

https://www.pokertableratings.com/replayer/index.php?site=fulltilt&id=9971660096&hash=498753015

No comments: