Friday, December 12, 2014

Local Games

I play in a local game that runs every Thursday from 6:00pm to Midnight.  I usually don't make it til 8:00pm, but it is a very good game with NO RAKE!  A dealer keeps the game moving along and she is tipped $1-2 from each hand dealt.  Pretty good gig for 6 hours of work.

The game has been running for  8-9 years and there are 4-5 players that have been in the game since the beginning.  The game used to be immensely profitable but the players are improving a great deal as I would guess my profits have been cut in half over the last 2 years.  Format is 1-2nl with an optional Mississippi straddle from anywhere for any amount.  Some weeks the straddle can make the game play huge...others...not so much.  Either way still a very good game.

Played last night...buying in for $300.  First hand I flopped a straight and slow played a bit with a flush draw.  Board paired on turn and I led into 2 players getting 1 caller.  River was a blank and checked to young guy that has a tendency to bluff...he opted NOT to bluff and I won at showdown.

So I ran my stack up to $500-525 and proceeded to play my stack up and down between $300 and $500.  Ended up with a profit of $30.




No comments: