Saturday, January 21, 2012

Another profitable night at Perryville on Thursday evening. Bought in for $300 and made a few plays to no avail and dwindled my stack to about $150. Pick up KK ...utg...and raise to $8. Loose player in late position makes it $38 after a few callers. Folds to me and I shove my stack. Quickly get a call by the 3 bettor and he wins with AA.

I rebuy another $300 and in the SB I pick up 99 and call a mid-position raise ($12) with a few callers in between. Flop was 983 with 2 hearts and everyone checks past original raiser and the button bets $50. I raise to $130 from the SB and all fold except button....he calls. Turn is Q of hearts which completes straight and flush but I can't fold with half my stack in pot, so I shove all-in ($150) and he deliberates for 30-40 seconds before calling.

River was an off suit 7. And I show the set of 9's. He shows 94 off suit with the 4 of hearts. Nice pot so now I'm back to even. I made the nut flush after playing a hand passively as 5 others were involved and I hoped someone else would flush as I led river. Got one caller for a 40% pot bet and now I'm ahead $250 and play even the rest of the night.

Off to Vegas next Friday!



No comments: