Saturday, January 14, 2012

Forgot to add I am going to Vegas on the 27th and return home February 1st. The Venetian has it's Deep Stack series going on and I plan to play the Friday, 27th event. It's day 1b of a $345 buyin NL event. Should be a big purse...hope to run good.

The rest of the time I epect to play cash at Venetian, Bellagio, Mirage and maybe Caesars and Aria. Ill be staying at Bill's gamblin Hall where the drinking and eating is cheap. Still trying to convince my wife to go, but it looks like a solo trip as of now.

Game at local American Legion still remains a juicy game as I review my year from 2011. For a 1/2NL game it plays a little bigger as there are frequent straddles from $6-$15. The Mississippi straddle is allowed and is used almost exclusively on the button.

I profited $3660 in a little over 121 hours for a win rate of $30.23/hr. I had 3 losing months with the most being $975 in June and 9 winning months and the most $1535 in December. My largest winning session was $1245 on March 3rd and the largest losing session was $500 on June 16th.

The players have adjusted very little over the last couple of years other than they do 3 bet more PF when I open raise almost every pot I enter. With no straddle, my normal PF raise is to $7 or $8 and CBet $21 or $22. Cbet% is probably 50% or so and typically only when I flop equity or I'm playing post-flop versus 1-2 opponents. Very rarely do I have air and Cbet into a bunch of PF callers.

This past week I did get put into an awkward spot when someone 5Bet shoved effective $315 after I 4Bet KK to $73. He normally is very ABC and I have folded KK to him preflop on another occasion, but he has opened up his game in recent weeks versus me and our metagame has changed. I made the call and the flop was Q78...turn 10...river 4. He tabled AQ suited. Nice!!!

I was only able to play a little less than 2 hours this week and won $695 in that time. The game played short-handed the last hour or so and I just ran over the table. Probably won 40-50% of the pots and owned most of the $1 chips on the table at the end of the night. Lost fairly big pot at the end when I folded the nut flush at the river on a paired board. He showed KJ on a JJ5K7 board. He gave a speech on my turn bet and insta-raised my river bet. Pretty easy fold, but he showed me just to confirm.

Not sure why they show?

No comments: